The best weight-loss aids are natural aids. Herbs and certain spices have been known throughout the centuries in many cultures for their natural healing properties and as diet aids. One of the best spices for weight-loss is one that you probably already have in your cabinet at home. Cinnamon is one such spice, and it has the additional benefit of being inexpensive, easily obtainable, and it adds zest to any dish. It also contains nutrients that your body needs, like iron, calcium, and manganese. Cinnamon is a good source of fiber, and it is thought to give your brain a boost as well.
How Cinnamon Helps with Weight Loss
Cinnamon works with your body in three ways to help you fight hunger and lose weight in a way the that is safe, natural, and delicious.
– Cinnamon’s effects on your blood sugar levels benefit in two ways. First of all, it helps to regulate insulin production and keeps your blood sugar levels down. Lower blood sugar also keeps you from having cravings for starchy, fat, and overly sweet food that cause obesity and all its attendant health problems. Try adding a dash of cinnamon instead of sugar to cereals and other foods that you would typically sweeten. strictiond reviews
– Cinnamon also helps to regulate your cholesterol levels, another side-effect of too much blood glucose. While it lowers the levels of LDL cholesterol;l, it does not adversely affect the levels of beneficial HDL cholesterol. Try using a cinnamon stick to stir coffee, tea, or hot chocolate for a subtle hint of spice on a cold morning.
– Cinnamon, like cayenne pepper and similar spices, actually causes your metabolism to speed up a little bit because it takes more energy to digest it. It is a natural way to burn extra calories. Try adding cinnamon instead of black pepper to tomato-based sauces, or add a couple of cinnamon sticks to your spaghetti sauce for a different taste.
How You Can Incorporate Cinnamon into Your Diet for the Best Effect
Cinnamon, also known as Ceylon, is actually the bark of an evergreen tree that is indigenous to Sri Lanka. This is the type of cinnamon that use should use for its health benefits. It has been used for centuries for cooking and to help with stomach problems. The type of cinnamon that is more familiar to the Western world is called cassia, and originates in Southeast Asia.
Usually people think of cinnamon in terms of desserts, but it good in rice dishes, pasta, grains, sprinkled on hot drinks, and as a seasoning for meat, especially chicken. Ground cinnamon that you can purchase at almost any supermarket is fine, but you can also buy it stick form and grate it with a fine plane grater. You can sprinkle cinnamon on almost any food, no matter if it is sweet or savory, for a quick health boost. Experiment for yourself and see what tastes good to you.
Here are a few more ways you can use cinnamon that will help you to put a little more spice into your life and lead you on the road to a healthier weight.
– Sprinkle cinnamon on fresh fruit, breakfast cereal, french toast, waffles, yogurt. It is great with almost any breakfast food or drink for a healthier start to your day.
– A great dessert idea or snack on a hot summer afternoon is a scoop of frozen yogurt topped with fresh fruit and a little bit of fresh-grated cinnamon.
– Cinnamon not only adds great flavor to foods, but the smell is mood-enhancing as well. It brings a warm, woodsy scent that permeates your home with a wonderful scent that lifts your spirits.
– Cinnamon is great in stews and soups. It is one of the basic spices in curry mixtures and 5-spice powder, and it is a fine addition to vegetable stir-fries and rice dishes.
– Mix cinnamon with a little bit of brown sugar, and use it as a rub for beef, lamb, pork, or chicken.
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on chemical weight loss aids and pills. Just try to eat a healthy, balanced diet with the addition of natural spices, like cinnamon, for a natural and healthy boost.